Sunday, October 11, 2015

Update

Every once in awhile I remember that I do in fact have a blog. I haven't forgotten you all. Life is just busy. I am hoping once the baby comes it will not be so crazy. Ahahahahaha! Funny, right?

But I will be home full-time so there is hope. Right now I am still working at the elementary school as a reading/ skills teacher. It has been so much fun and a joy to help children progress in their learning, but I also intend to soak up every second I can with this baby. It is a blessing that I can quit my job and be home full-time with the baby, a sacrifice that is completely worth it.

I only have ten weeks left!!!! At times I feel like I am going to pop and will not be able to grow any bigger. Other times I think I am going to go insane waiting for this little man to make his appearance. We are all so excited to see him.

Marshall is keeping busy doing a little of everything. Along with teaching Seminary, he teaches to law classes at the local college, prosecutes for a nearby town, and teaches an on-line religion course for BYU-Idaho. I really don't know how he does it all, but he seems to have fun.

Anna is soaring through middle school with straight A's. She is loving her Spanish class. We aren't so sure how we feel about her understanding us when we try to speak in code in Spanish. I guess Marshall and I will need to come up with a new code language.

Rachel has blossomed in intermediate school. She is playing the trumpet in band, participating in flag football, and on a  Lego League team. She loves her new school.

Jimmy has done better this year at having to go to school than any other year, which is something. He sometimes has sad days when he doesn't want to be away from home, which is funny since I am at his school too, but his school-loving little brother keeps him in line. Jimmy is rocking 4th grade and becoming proficient in Mandarin after being in the program for four years. I have no idea what he is saying, but his teacher does.

Jacob loves first grade. He is always begging to go to school a half hour early every school day. He loves making friends, eating lunch at school, and recess. His reading has really taken off this year. It is neat to see the world open up to him. He too is in Chinese and enjoys learning new songs and words in Mandarin.

And that, my friends, is our update. At the pace I am going I will write again when the baby is 5. Ha ha! I promise that, if anything, I will post pictures once our little man is born. He is due December 17th. How exciting!!!!!

1 comment:

Lempskies said...

That is exciting that you are getting close! And it's so nice that the timing worked out for him to come at the end of the school semester.
I'm glad you guys are doing well.
Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy & delivery!