Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Home stretch!

We are hitting the home stretch, people! Only two months left of the school year. But better yet, Mandy, only about thirty days until we find out Marshall's fate. It is nice to have a time-line to work with. And believe me, you will know if he gets hired by CES or not. Talk about a process! We have been doing this since August. Well, Marshall has been the one doing the hard work, prepping lessons and going to class all while working full-time, teaching at the local college, and being bishop. I've just had to keep the kids from killing each other and save a few ounces of my sanity. Marshall is pretty much amazing and I will shout it from the roof tops for any and every one to hear.

One would wonder why we are doing this as it just has made our lives crazy and doesn't make sense to go after a job that will potentially pay less. But I think you all know the reason. When the Lord tells us to do something, we say "Yes Sir!" and get going on it. And sometimes we just have to hold on to our faith, when we are tired and frustrated, because it will be worth it if we follow the Lord. It has been amazing to see His hand in our lives and the constant reminders He has given us along the way to let us know this is the right path to take. I am humbled by Him and how well He knows me, that I need those little tender mercies because I am weak and doubt at times. I could bore you all with stories, but suffice to say that when we do what the Lord says, not matter how scary or crazy it may seem, we are blessed and progress further along toward reaching our divine potential. It has been an awesome experience.

And don't worry, as soon as I know, I will be letting you all know our fate as well. Eeeek!

2 comments:

Lempskies said...

Marshall's a great teacher. I'm sure CES will be begging for him.

I hope you are enjoying cubscouts. I'm the Bear den leader and, like you, thought it would be a great way to figure out the whole program so we could help David through it.

There is a lot of variety in the program- sports, history, science, crafts, writing, nature, etc. We need to get working on his car b/c pinewood derby is coming up.

Sure love you guys.

Mandy said...

25 more days, then