Thursday, April 18, 2013

Better than any gift bought at a store

My adorable children decided to throw me a birthday party last night. They banished me to my room for 30 minutes (Marshall was off teaching at the college) and got to work. Little did they know sending me to my room was a treat in itself. This is what they came up with:
 The note on Rachel's bedroom door, indicating a party going on
 The kids dressed up in their Sunday best
 Popcorn for a treat. They even put down a newspaper so as to avoid making a big mess. Such a little detail that melted my heart. They know me so well!
 Jimmy's card
 Rachel's card, plus $1. Wow!
 Anna's card
 Tasty Kakes wrapped in newspaper
 Jacob's card. See me on the left?
The banner they made.

I was so touched by their sweetness. It was a gift better than anything bought at a store and something I will cherish forever! To top it off, Marshall got up at 4:30, before leaving for Seminary, to write me sweet notes and sprinkle them all along the stairs. I am a very blessed woman indeed!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

hah! maybe, just maybe, if I blogged more often than I email, I would have known your birthday a little sooner!! yeah. They were totally awesome, them kids. I really like Jacob's pic. Very realistic. I'm glad you had a such a great day. Now you can celebrate your birthday again on may 14th when you find out where you are moving. I think you can still hold on to the gloves. Pretty much all of those areas are colder than where you currently live, so maybe you will use them. I'm a little concerned that WA is not on the list on the blog like I somehow thought it was in the email. I'll vote for ID. 7.5 hours away from me. You'd be my closest friend!! Sorry about missing your b-day. better luck next year. yeah. I feel like I'm 25 too. I'll try to remember to tell you what anne is having tomorrow.