Sunday, December 1, 2013

This past month

It's been a month since I have written. How is life so much more busier now that Marshall isn't bishop? actually, I know why. It's because we no longer have all those blessings sustaining us and allowing us to do all that we needed to do when he was bishop. I don't miss him being bishop, but I do miss those blessings!

It has been an adventure of a month. It seemed that this month we were given health issues for our trials. My dad had surgery on his bladder and was found to have the most aggressive form of bladder cancer. Thankfully, the doctor was able to get all of the tumor out and bladder cancer tends to stay in the bladder. He goes into surgery on December 13th for a check-up to see if the cancer has come back. It is a painful surgery to recover from. It has been very sobering having him go through this. He's not allowed to do this! He is doing well and feeling great so hopefully this next surgery will find all well with him.

My sister was hospitalized for a few days from having her intestines back-up and overflow back into her system. It seems she will have to have surgery sometime soon to take care of the bad parts of her intestines. It's not any fun and we worry about her, but also hope this scare will encourage to take better care of herself.

And I had the experience of having an ovarian cyst that was 6 cm big. I had this horrid pelvic pain that would come and go and really put a damper on my active lifestyle. I was put on birth control pills (which I cannot take because they make me looney and feel like crud) for a few weeks until I had to stop because I was feeling so badly. Marshall somehow had the ability to do most of the cooking and let me rest as much as possible. The cyst thankfully popped, which was also painful, and I am pretty much back to normal.

Despite all these adventures, I was reminded that the Lord really is in charge and He knows what He is doing. Through our experiences we learn to put our trust in Him and move forward. He can help us find the strength, energy, and faith to continue on and hope for better days ahead. I could not do it without Him!

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Prayers for your dad for sure! That is not an easy thing to endure. And I am glad you are better and didn't have any other problems. That is a big cyst. So glad it didn't requite surgery!