Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Jacob!

Happy Birthday to my sweet Jacob! I cannot believe my baby is 5. I had mixed emotions last night as I contemplated my little guy turning 5 and heading to Kindergarten next year. I'm not ready for this! Where did the time go?

Jacob had a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends. Sweet Darci took him out to his birthday lunch at McDonald's. Then we had Cafe Rio for dinner and cousins and grandparents over for cake and ice cream. Last Saturday we had a birthday party for him at the karate studio and he even had the chance to cut his cake with a real Samurai sword. He was so excited.

We are so blessed to have this sweet boy in our family. He can be a handful, but he has a smile that lights up a room. His laugh comes all the way from his toes and it is contagious. He is almost always happy. He is tender and loving and is so good at school. He is a real treasure to our family. Happy Birthday sweet Jacob!
Cutting the cake with a sword

Rescue City Center. Police and fire trucks. What more could a boy want?!

Remote controlled Jeep

He has been driving all day!

Love that smile!


2 comments:

annjeanette said...

He has a great two days during the year, huh, with Christmas one day and his birthday the next! Five is so big! Hard to believe the time goes so quickly.

Mandy said...

No way I made the background. It was at our festival of the nativities in the beginning of the month. I don't think i've ever seen snow in st. George. Where did you find the samurai sword? So cool!