Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

School started up again this past Thursday. Despite major complaining on Jimmy and Rachel's part, they did not cry or throw hysterics on the doomed hour came for them to leave the warmth of their home and go to the dreaded school building. I was very impressed. May this keep occurring this new year. I would be one happy woman if that was the case.

We did have a fun break and played with cousins and family a lot. Marshall started on one of my Christmas gifts and helped me build some shelves in the boy's bedroom closet. Next on the list if Rachel's room and then Anna's. I am so giddy over having shelves and being able to organize the pit of despair that is the boy's room.

We had fun bringing in the New Year by having a Wii Fit Plus family challenge. Yes, my 5 year-old is better at skateboarding on the Wii than I am. We also watched movies and did poppers and sparklers to bring in the New Year. Everyone almost made it until midnight. Jacob fell asleep at 11:40. Almost!

And Jacob has decided to start off the New Year be getting croup. Party! I am doing a fitness challenge with some friends, which should be fun or make me want to murder everyone. We shall see. But I am always up for a challenge. Too bad today is the first day to do all these fitness tests and I feel like crud. Yeah for winter illnesses!





No comments: