Thursday, October 21, 2010

The ONE Thing I Hate About Fall in St. George


I hate allergies. For those of you sick of me complaining about them in email or on Facebook, too bad because I am going to complain again! I haven't felt up to much blogging lately because I just don't feel like anything thanks to my silly allergies. Another reason to dislike St. George in the Fall!

I find it amusing that I never had allergies growing up back East, where plant life is in abundance. Then I move out to the desert and have allergies. What?! Doesn't make sense to me either. And they occur during my two favorite seasons of the year, Fall and Spring. I love the crisp change in the air, the leaves turning to bright colors, pumpkin anything desserts, apple cider, and apples galore. The only bummer about living in the desert is there aren't many leaves to watch change color. Or any cool pumpkin patches to go pick the perfect jack-o-lantern to be at. Then in Spring everything blooms and comes back to life. I love the flowers, colors, and watching the world awake after a cold winter. Again, there just isn't as much of that out here in southern Utah. Maybe I need to vacation on the East Coast during Spring and Fall so I can enjoy those seasons in full force and avoid my evil allergies. Too bad I'm not an English aristocrat at the turn of the century who can do such things.

For now, I'll have to endure living with my allergies of doom. The constant sinus headache that lasts for a few weeks and feeling completely exhausted. Joy! And I am slowly learning to like my toned down desert Fall and Spring. Still, I think it should be illegal for allergies to happen to mothers of young children. Can't they just be held off until my kids are older and in school, when I can actually lay down for a minute? Seriously.

1 comment:

judy said...

I know what you mean Sue. I never had allergies until I came out West. I thought this is where people came to avoid them or to be cured! Guess not. I too miss the Fall color explosion, apple cider and pumpkin patches. I don't miss the abundant cloudy damp days and the traffic. So I'll be grateful for what I have. :-) Judy