Friday, December 9, 2011

The Great Outdoors, a.k.a. Jacob's Potty

I know that I blog a lot about Jacob, but I've never had a child like him. He is his own person and will do whatever he wants whenever he wants, regardless of rules, me, or anything else that might stand in his way. It's like the Lord has taken all of the crazy parts of my other children and molded them into one, Jacob.

I should have known I would be in trouble when during potty training, Jacob went and peed in our next door neighbor's front bushes. Right by their front window. They weren't home at the time, but she thought it a hoot when I told her, apologizing because I thought she had been at home. Nothing has changed with Jacob since that day. In fact, he thinks the outdoors are his bathroom free space.

I am sure almost all of our neighbors have seen his little bum cheeks as they've driven up the street and seen Jacob out front letting it go. He is faster than lightening and can get those pants down and stream going before I even know what is going on. He loved to pee in our garden during the summer. I thought the colder weather would stop him from his outdoor habit, but not so. He still prefers to do #1 outside. Is it the fresh air? Freedom? Who knows?! I myself prefer the warm house.

Yesterday he was playing out back and I witnessed him pulling down his pants and peeing in a bucket in the sandbox. Ahhhhh! Before I could get to him he was busily mixing sand and pee. I wish he had gotten it all in the bucket, but he managed to get some in the sand as well. He was very perplexed at my disgust.

His Granddad McConkie thinks this is all a brilliant solution to the problem of not having water. Jacob probably wanted to play in wet sand and so decided to make his own. Not having an idea of germs, he didn't think it would be a big deal. Of course, Granddad can giggle and awe over it all he wants because he didn't have to clean up the mess! Evil grandparents.

Oh Jacob, where will you strike next? Just think of all the stories we can embarrass him with when he is older. I hope and think by then he should be house trained, right?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hehehehehehe! I'm laughing hysterically at YOUR reaction, because I'm pretty sure that's how I would react. It's how I often feel about stuff Tucker and Whitney do. I'm so annoyed at these solutions and the mess, and Jim thinks they are cute. Obviously. He doesn't EVER clean up. And of course, I love swapping potty training stories, now that I've joined the club.