Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Christmas Gift

Ever since we moved into our house, almost 4 1/2 years ago, I have wanted to replace the carpet on the stairs and in all of the upstairs. The carpet is the original from when the house was built in 1997 and was showing it's age. Not to mention that it is a light cream and that shows any kind of stains. Last year we replaced that said carpet in the downstairs office. Next on my list was the upstairs hall. When Marshall asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, I told him new carpet in the hall. (I want new carpet all upstairs, but one thing at a time, right?) So he talked to our dear neighbor, who does carpet, and together they picked out carpet for me. Today was the big installation day and I am giddy over my new carpet. I love it!!!!! I guess it means I am officially old since I asked for new carpet for Christmas this year. But who cares! 
During installation

New carpet!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Wonderful! We must be getting old. I was so excited for my new set of Silverware last year. Enjoy!

annjeanette said...

That looks awesome! So happy for you. I am old too since I ask for stuff like that for Christmas as well. Can't wait tosee it in person!