Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hats off to Christian Bale



I have a soft spot for Christian Bale ever since I saw "Swing Kids" as a teenager and a massive crush was born. He's always been a quiet actor, not one to headline over being quoted for stupid or crass sayings, partying hard, or for being a major jerk/ idiot.  He is an actor with great talent and depth. In 2005 when it came out that he was to be Batman in the new Batman movies, I was a bit nervous. He wasn't one I pictured as having the muscles for the character, but I knew he could play the tormented Bruce Wayne. But never to disappoint, Christian bulked up and has done an amazing job as the Dark Knight. I love his portrayal of Batman/ Bruce Wayne.

I admired Christian Bale before (though I admit, the teenage crush is gone as I am madly in love with a much more amazing man), but after hearing about him visit the victims of the Colorado "Dark Knight Rises" premiere, I am even more impressed. It hasn't been all over the press and internet because of Bale himself, but because of other people. He's not in it for the glory or publicity. He was just being a good guy who cared about a tragedy that occurred at one of his movies. How cool is that and how rare to find someone like that in Hollywood?! He's not marketing himself. He's just trying to be a good citizen.

Major props to you, Mr. Christian Bale. After all, anyone who can survive having Gloria Steinem for a step-mother deserves my admiration.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Not to rain on your parade (and I really like Christian Bale as Batman and am impressed by his visit to CO - very classy), but apparently you missed this whole thing: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28984085/ns/today-entertainment/t/christian-bales-profane-tirade-caught-tape/

Hopefully he's turned a new leaf and changed his ways a bit since then.

MyDonkeySix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyDonkeySix said...

Well that was a tantrum! Hopefully he has turned over a new leaf. No one is perfect.

Mandy said...

Hmmmmm.... don't move to another climate. Remember that you have 9 months of not intense weather and apparently this year is a beast of a summer, hence the scorpion that thinks it's a desert in your house.

How is it that you and marshall do so much AND have 4 kids. I don't get it.

Good luck with Jacob. I hear he's normal for 3. I'm not looking forward to three.