Monday, July 23, 2012

Lacking Desire

So many ideas and yet so little desire to write anything. It's summer and I just want to play! Besides, I have four children to keep me busy. Jacob's latest adventure involved emptying out the entire contents of both his and Jimmy's dresser right before church. He started to work on the girl's room, but was stopped before he could do too much damage there. Not to mention the death heat that I am constantly trying to avoid. Seriously, if you don't get outside before the sun, you will melt. Some mornings I wonder why I even bother to shower because I am so sweating so quickly after leaving the house. One night we even let the kids play outside until 9:30 at night because the sun was down and it was actually cooler temperatures. Or the bugs. Don't even get me started on the cockroaches. Then the other day while I was cleaning the bathroom I found a tiny scorpion under the scale. What?! I told Marshall it was a sign that we need to move . . . to a different climate. Not cool!

And yet, somehow, summer is quickly passing by. School starts here for us on the insanely early date of August 15th. Less than a month away! The stores are already in "school mode", stocked up with all sorts of school supplies. July is almost over! How on earth did that happen? We've had so much fun this summer and I really have enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere. I'm not sure if I am ready for everyone to head back to school. Jacob is going to be bored with me. And Marshall will be even more busy teaching both college and Institute classes, plus taking a CES training class on the side. Although I am excited for the heat to leave, I am not ready for all our freedom to go with it.

But then again maybe I'll actually find the energy/ desire to write again. Who knows?! It has definately been a fun summer and one of learning and changes. Someday I'll have to write about it all. This will just have to do until then.

No comments: