Saturday, August 3, 2013

13 Years?!

I actually looked up the weather for August 4, 2000 and it was 105 degrees. I was wearing a long sleeved wedding dress, one that I had borrowed from my sister and one that was totally not my style or dream dress in the slightest.  But ask me if I cared. I had only one member from my family able and willing to come to my wedding. But ask me if that ruined my day. I was too excited to get married in the St. George Temple to the most amazing and adorable man ever for time and all eternity. Did I care about it being hot or worry about my family liking him, no! I was on cloud nine and happy as can be. I knew I would be blessed beyond understanding for marrying in the Lord's house to one very valiant and righteous priesthood holder. That was all that mattered to me that day. That is what I had worked and sacrificed so hard to achieve.
My mom took us all to see "Despicable Me 2" the other day. When Gru falls in love and is in "happy la la land" in the movie, my mom turned to me and whispered, "Do you remember feeling like that?" I immediately responded, "I still do when I allow myself to think about it." When I take a quiet moment to reflect on who I married, which I often do because I am constantly amazed by this man, I still am in shock over how I found him and married him. Really? He's mine? I must have done something really good in the first estate to be blessed with such a great husband. It's been thirteen years and yet it feels like it was just yesterday all the while it seems like he has always been in my life. How did I live without him? I love Marshall dearly and am awed, humbled, and inspired his goodness. Happy Anniversary to my wonderful man who makes me feel like the richest of queens.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

yeah.... I distinctly remember how hot it was that day. Probably because I wasn't on cloud nine. But I don't remember it feeling too bad in the shade....... Can you believe 13 years later you live within minutes of the temple you got married in!!?? I'm so glad you guys are so happy, and in love with Disneyland together....

annjeanette said...

Happy Day! We celebrate 14 years tomorrow. Hard to believe it has gone so fast.

Lempskies said...

Lucky 13! Like you, I feel lucky every year.
Happy Anniversary!