Friday, March 28, 2014

This week....

Here are two of the fun things I have been doing this week.

#1 Making and improving my soft pretzel skills. I love soft pretzels. Hello, I grew up right near the best soft pretzels in the world, Philadelphia soft pretzels. There is nothing like them. This week Jacob wanted soft pretzels for a snack and since I was too cheap to drive to the mall to buy an over-priced pretzel, I decided to make some. It's been years since I have attempted that. The first batch was yummy, but the second batch I made today rocked. The secret is in the boiling of the pretzels in baking soda solution before baking them. It makes a huge difference! I think I have eaten more flour today than I have in a LONG time. Yum!



#2 Karate promotions. The kids were able to move up from yellow belts to orange belts. Marshall and I moved up from white to yellow belts. It took us longer because, well, we are parents and it's hard to find the time to fit in the required number of classes. It'll just take us a little longer on the road to black belts. But we are having so much fun along the way. We get to beat each other up and get promoted for it. Most fun ever!


My "ninja" family. Jacob says we need to get a bumper sticker that says "Ninjas on board" so that people will know not to mess with our family. So watch out!


No comments: