Monday, August 11, 2014

First Day of School AND Work

Somehow the first day of school came. I am really not sure how it happened, but with our busy summer we were all ready for it. Well, I was at least. The kids all did a great job heading off to school. Anna is starting 7 th grade, Rachel 5th, and Jimmy 3rd. In another week Jacob starts Kindergarten. That is just plain crazy!

Marshall started back at Seminary and said this first day was a lot better than last year's because he knows what to expect now. He is excited for the year. And I started my first day as a paraprofessional. I still am learning what I am supposed to be doing. It is hard because my job doesn't pick up until the teachers have tested all their students to see who needs my help. But I do get to cover classes next week while the teachers test next week.

The best part of the day is that Jimmy DID NOT cry, which is huge. He also told me he likes 3rd grade a lot more than 2nd. That boy is so tender, but gave me such trauma last year with all his tears and wanting to come home. I am hopeful 3rd grade really will be better.

 Anna

Jimmy

 Rachel

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

They are so big!! We've still got two weeks until school starts and we're all (ok maybe me a little more) ready for school to get back into session!

Robyne said...

Your kids are growing up!!! Time has gone by so fast. Can't we keep them little for a while longer? Jacob is going to be a freshman in high school and will get his license in December. I am getting old!!!