Monday, August 18, 2014

Kindergarten!!!!

Today my baby started Kindergarten. I was sure I was going to be a nervous wreck, but I did pretty well. I was sad that I wasn't there to meet him after school as he got off of the bus because I was at work. But Darci, who is as good as me, was there so Jacob was happy.

Jacob has declared that he loves Kindergarten. All of my other kids wanted me to drive them the first day of school. And now that I work at the school, the kids get a ride with me in the morning. Not Jacob. He insisted on riding the bus. He has watched his siblings go on it enough years that he was more than ready for his turn. Jimmy was kind enough to ride with him. I met them at the school and Jacob could have cared less if I was there. He wished me "goodbye" and headed on his way. I even ended up helping in his class for a little, in case the teacher needed assistance with any crying children, and Jacob did fine with me there.

Jacob has been hyper all afternoon and excited to tell everyone about his day. And he is anxious to learn Chinese, as he is in the dual-immersion program. I am so glad he had a great first day. And kind of sad that my baby is school age. That is why I work at the school. At least I can be near my kids!



1 comment:

Robyne said...

He is growing up too fast! I remembered Jared's first day and I took him to school, he told me I should leave. I cried!!! He is now in fourth grade. I am glad that Jacob is loving it.