Sunday, October 5, 2014

Over a month!

It's been over a month since I last wrote. Wow! Sorry to my friends who only keep in touch with me via the blog. Life has been busy and I have forgotten to update my blog! But that doesn't mean I have forgotten about you. Let's see if I can bring you up to speed on a few things.

1. School is going great for everyone. No tears this year from Jimmy, which is monumental. Jacob loves Kindergarten and has asked if he could stay all day. Ha! He is taking off in reading and constantly asking us how to spell words. Anna loves 7th grade. She just loves school, which is a foreign idea to her 5th grade sister Rachel. But Rachel, despite wishing she was at home instead, is kicking bootie in 5th grade.

2. I love my job. It keeps me busy, but it is fun to work with kids grades 3rd-5th and help them become better readers. Groups are always changing and challenges arise, but it is so rewarding to work in education.

3. Marshall is surviving Seminary. Ha! He is having fun, actually, and is much more comfortable now that he has a year of teaching it under his belt. If only he could figure a way to cure dumb teenagers who text during class and take away from the Spirit with their lame comments. Ah, teenagers. He still does prosecution for Springdale and La Verkin and teaches two night law classes at the college. Yeah, I don't know how he finds to breathe either.

4. Rachel is busy in soccer and karate. Everyone else, except for Anna occasionally, has given it up. Rachel has actually signed up to be on the Black Belt Team, which allows her to continue on the path to a black belt, get weapons training, and help during classes. I pity the boy who asks Rachel out on a date when she is a teenager. She will be trained in all sorts of deadly weapons. Bwhahahaha!

5. Cub Scouts keep me busy, but I love my boys.

I think I covered the most important stuff! I will try to be more consistent. Halloween is coming and we are all excited.

2 comments:

Robyne said...

You have been busy. I am in Cedar today for my grandma's funeral tomorrow. I read the paper this morning and saw you participated in the St. George marathon. You go girl!!!! Wish I had some time to see you. I miss our visits. Take care.

MyDonkeySix said...

Ha! I wish, Robyne. I wasn't able to run it due to my old injury giving me a hard time. I actually sold me ticket to someone who ran it under my name. Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. Hugs. Miss you!!! We need to catch up.