Friday, November 27, 2009

A Confession

After all my ranting and raving about "New Moon", I saw the movie. Mind you, it was out of sheer kindness towards a friend. You see, it was my friend's birthday and she wanted us all to go and see the movie together. She even bought me a ticket. So I went for my friend. And I survived.

I must admit the second movie is much better in quality than the first. The vampire make-up isn't as bad, though still not very good, and the acting improved, though still wasn't compelling. I love what one critic had to say, wondering why either Jacob or Edward would fight over chronically depressed Bella. Seriously, the girl is never happy. Then Edward decides to leave and that makes it all the worse. Her screaming nightmares got to be annoying. Her clutching at her sides when she would think about Edward. Oh the pain! From the memories or from constipation?

The movie only cemented the fact that I prefer, if I was forced at gun point to pick, Jacob. He was much more warm and caring. Edward remained his cool aloof self. Oh, how sexy! I like how one woman described Edward as lust and Jacob as love. I agree. Jacob just seems to, um, actually care about Bella.

But I can't believe I have wasted this many words on the movie already. I confess, I saw it. I didn't die of boredom, but I wasn't sold on it either.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I agree w/ the lust vs. love thing. I liked the series of books a lot, and the movie was better than the last one, but what's a turn off to me is the fanaticism. The devotees and 40-yr-old ladies ready to throw their underwear at the movie screen make me want to vomit. Yes, I went with a group of 30 gals from my book club on opening night, but after that week's experience, I came to the conclusion that I am a REALLY BAD Twilight fan in comparison and I'm proud of it :)