Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Potty is a Potty


I like to peruse the "$100 or less" section of the classifieds, where people advertise furniture, exercise equipment, and all sorts of stuff for less than a Ben Franklin. Sometimes there are some neat things, but yesterday I read about a whopper.

Beautiful antique chamber pot. Floral design. $35.

Seriously, who would want to buy a chamber pot? I don't care how beautiful the flowers on it are or how much of an antique it is. Do you know what they were used for? No amount of cleaning is going to make me want that thing. Some things are just not meant to be saved and revered in the future. What would I do with it? Put flowers in it? Use it as decor and tell guests, "Yeah, people used to pee in that. Pretty cool that I have it sitting on my coffee table now, right?" Yeah, that'd make them want to stay for dinner. In 30 years maybe I can sell my old toilet as an antique. You never know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom might want to buy your old toilet. She took an old bed pan and put flowers in it. She has it hanging on her bathroom wall. She loves antiques but I never did quite figure that one out!

judy said...

You are too funny Sue!