Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give Thanks


Today is one of my favorite days of the year, the day before Thanksgiving. All the preparation and excitement for Thanksgiving with the knowledge that Christmas is right around the corner. It's the beginning of all that holiday magic that seems to pass in the blink of an eye. Well, if one is an adult it does. For children the holiday season lasts for what seems like an eternity. But I love this time. I spent the morning making pies. I love having my kids home in their jammies, watching cartoons and bouncing off the walls with holiday excitement. I love the smell of pie baking filling my house and warming us as we watch the cold air whip around outside. I love feasting with my family on Thanksgiving and being reminded how blessed we are to have so much food and freedom. I love getting out the Christmas decorations on Friday and getting into the Christmas spirit. I love this time of year!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and take a moment to reflect on all that you have been given. No matter your life, we all have at least one thing to be grateful for. Here's just a few of mine:
- Spirit of Revelation
- Temples
- The Savior
- Loving Father in Heaven
- Scriptures
- Restored Gospel and Priesthood
- Joseph Smith
- My adorable husband and sweet kids
- My husband's job
- Having a roof over my head
- Two cars
- Having plentiful food
- Good friends
- My husband's calling and how I've grown from it
- My calling
- My ward family
- Wii and Netflix
- Music
- Laughter
- Clorox wipes
- Shout stain spray for laundry
- Chocolate
- Modern medicine
- Appliances
- Running water
- Electricity
- Being an American citizen
- Being educated and literate
- Smiles

I think you get the idea! Now do one of your own! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

So I take it you went geocaching for thanksgiving? You have a lot of things that I'm grateful for too. Hubby having a job so I can enjoy babies is a huge one. A warm house is another huge one. Yeah. Not allowed for your baby to turn two. You just had him. I remember visiting, feeding him a bottle and not being pregnant or anywhere near being pregnant. And mine are almost walking. Crazy. we're old.