Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scatter Brained Thoughts

- Being sick when one is a mom is just not cool. I've had a sore throat all week and have felt "blah" all day today. Ugh. Why won't the kids just let me stay in bed and rest? Not like Jacob would burn down the house or anything!

- I love keeping cards and letters people send me, especially love notes and poems from Marshall. That way when I am feeling down on myself I can go to my "file of happiness" and be reminded of all the good I do and am. Everyone should keep such a file.

- I am almost finished with my Nativity set I made out of wood for the front yard. I have always wanted a white silhouetted set since seeing a gorgeous one in Indiana. So I decided to bust out the jig saw and make my own this year. And I did. I have Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. They have turned out very well. I am almost finished painting them. Maybe next year I'll add animals and such. I'll send a picture of the completed project. I love creating things from wood!

- When did it get to be the middle of November? Thanksgiving is next week and it doesn't seem possible. Wasn't it just the beginning of October? Time is flying by! I am excited for Christmas, but I am not excited for my little Jacob to turn 2. he is growing too fast.

- Harry Potter comes out this week! I am so excited to see the movie! I hope it doesn't disappoint.

- Since taking the kids to see "The Phantom of the Opera" at Dixie High, I have been intrigued by the story. I checked out the novel the musical is based on. It was written around the turn of the century. It's a great read, filled with suspense and action. I have been very pleased. Too bad they couldn't have made the musical as interesting as the book. The music is fun, but the story is "blah" in the production. And even after reading the book I still don't understand Christine. I don't know if I want to slap her or take pity on her.

- A Green Lantern movie is coming out. Too bad Rachel, who is our biggest fan, will not be able to see it for a few years.

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

How sad for Rachel. I am so excited for Harry. Hope you feel better soon. I will have to make a trip to see your Nativity! You are AMAZING!!!

Mandy said...

Yuck on the sick kids. You busted out your jigsaw?! That is definitely a sue comment. You're very ambitious. Thanks for the sympathy. I agree about how could it be Thanksgiving this week.