Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reminders from above

Sometimes you have to laugh at how well the Lord knows us. It cannot be explained as coincidence the way things fall into place and how people, thoughts, or events give you little "messages" from the Lord. It amazes how He speaks to us and always lets us know He is there when we are in tune.

Life is always busy and full of chaos, ups and downs. That's just life. Lately I have had a really hard time being patient and trusting in the Lord. I know He knows what is best for me, but there is always the "human" part of me that wonders if He has considered reasons "A-F" why things should happen the way I think. Obviously, He has, but it's so much easier to see my reasoning than His own because His requires faith. Silly, I know, but I also know that we all do it.

Needless to say, these times of "more than regular trials" have been not so fun. Like when are trials ever fun, right? Maybe having the trial of being too rich or the trial of having too many baked goods always in your house. Those could be fun. But I digress. It's been hard and I have had some very blue days. It doesn't help that I already have depression that I battle on a daily basis. (Seriously, there should be some clause for people who suffer from depression only being allowed a certain amount of trials since getting out of bed some days is hard enough.) To sum it up, I've been down in the dumps of dumps.

Today I opened up my Young Women Manual to review the subject for the lesson I am teaching on Sunday. And what do you think the topic was on? Optimism! I had to laugh at the subtle hint and thought, "I am the LAST person to teach these girls about optimism right now!" All of a sudden my mind was saturated with talks and scriptures about being positive, grateful, and enduring through times of trials. Hmmm, I wonder if the Lord was sending me a message? Point taken. I need to be more positive and optimistic. No more wallowing in sadness. It doesn't help anyone or anything. It just prolongs misery. Doesn't sound like fun at all. Time to get up and move on!

I am so grateful for those little wake-up calls, slaps in the face, cold water on my head, or whatever else you want to call them, from the Lord. It reminds me that He is aware of me and knows my heart, life, and trials. He is always there. Thank goodness we are not alone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue~ Oh, how I needed to read your post today. You and I are oh so similar. It seems like the harder I try to find happiness in all things, the further I fall into the depths of despair. Why is it that way? I too, am so grateful for the little promptings from the spirit. I tend to overlook them most of the time, but this morning I felt as though I needed to read my patriarichal blessing. I am so grateful for the prompting and the renewed hope that I was able to find this morning. I do know that our Heavenly Father knows us personally. I am so grateful for his loving care for us.
(I agree, people with depression should have less trials...Ha, that would be nice). I am so grateful for you my dear friend. I could really use some Sue time right about now. Maybe I can find my way down there sometime soon.
Much love to you!