Monday, July 11, 2011

Randomness

-I've been asked if Jacob is sleeping in his big boy bed. And the answer is "yes!" Some days he doesn't nap because he can get out of his bed, but most days he still does. And he goes to bed just fine, talking himself to sleep. I am so proud of how well he has adjusted. He still asks about his crib now and then, but he loves his bed and showing it off. I cannot believe how big my "baby" is!

- The last Harry Potter movie is coming out this week. I am SO excited to see it, but also sad at the end of an era. It was so fun to look forward to the release of each movie. Kind of how I felt once all "The Lord of the Rings" movies were out. I know this movie will be good and have me scared at parts. Eeek!

- Since I haven't been able to run in the past month, I have been biking more. I did 12.5 miles today, with a big hill involved. It was intense, but good. I am considering doing a race in the Tour de St. George in the Fall if the marathon isn't happening so me.

- I am reading Ron Chernow's "George Washington". It is AMAZING. I enjoy David McCullough, but I think Chernow might be even better. A non-fiction book that I cannot put down. It is 1200 pages and large print so I am working through it when I can. I wish I could just take a day and read.

- I am enjoying the fresh zucchini and tomatoes from our garden. I LOVE fresh tomatoes and cannot eat store bought. I need to start growing them year round because they are the only kind I like! And I have been making zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

- Jacob has been asking me all day to go to Disneyland. I wish!

No comments: