Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just a few things I am grateful for . . .

-Being able to stay home full time with my kids. I know not all women can do that, but I am grateful I have always been able to be at home. I was reminded of this today as I cared for a sick, miserable little Jacob. I was so glad I could be the one who held, rocked, and laid with him. I hated to see my guy feeling so cruddy, but was so happy I could be with him. I love being at home with my kids, to be there for them during the good and bad times in their lives. I sacrifice my sanity and the ability of buying lots of cool things I don't need thanks to another income and I do not regret it for a minute. My little monkeys make me laugh and brighten my life.

-Having a husband with a job that allows him to be home regularly. With my boot impediment and drama that is life,I am so grateful I have a husband who works regular hours and is home in the evenings and on weekends. I so appreciate his love and support and I love that he can be involved in the children's lives. Plus it allows for the time he needs to be bishop while balancing a family. He may not be the richest attorney out there, but he's one of the happiest. I'd give up a bigger paycheck for that any day!

-Children who read and love the scriptures. Last night I was in charge of a YW activity were we did scripture stories Pictionary style with Play-doh. It was fun to watch the girls try to portray some events from the scriptures. Just as equally amusing was Anna's shock that not everyone knew who Abinadi was or that it was Moses who parted the Red Sea. "Everyone knows that, Mom." I explained that not everyone does because not everyone reads scriptures as a family or has read the Book of Mormon like they have. I am glad I have children who love the scriptures and a husband who has helped make that happen.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Thanks for the 9-11 pics. Now I have a new book title to add to my list. I need a haircut. I should have screened that pic from your blog, but you did get an awesome pic of Tucker's eybrows. Jim will love it. Yes. My husband would be one of those stupid ones in the storm. I have to agree. I don't get it, but good thing we don't live near hurricanes or tornados. While driving up to Mt. St. Helen's he comments that he hoped the next eruption was when we were there. Whatever. I told him we wouldn't even be able to see it for all the fog from the rain clouds we were driving through, so to quit wishing it. are you done with your boot?