Sunday, November 20, 2011

Freedom!!!!!!

Time stopped for a minute on Thursday afternoon with people leaving school, work, and home to gather in the streets as part of a celebration that Sue McConkie is no longer wearing her boot, at all! Okay, maybe it didn't happen on that grand scale, but it sure felt like it. I went to see the doctor, nervous about the outcome, and left floating on air.

Not only do I get to give the boot the boot, but I don't have to see the doctor anymore. We talked about an exercise program and timeline to use to get me back, eventually, to running. I am so excited! Now I just need to listen to my body and not hurt myself again. No worries, I will be taking it all slowly because I do not want to go through this ordeal again. It was a long 5 1/2 months from injury until almost recovery. (My bone is mostly healed). How grateful I am for modern medicine, doctors, and a healthy body!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I will jump and cheer for you. That is such great news. Enjoy!

annjeanette said...

Yay! That is wonderful! Enjoy your freedom!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! That was forever!!!!! But don't forget. If you hadn't been in a boot, I would have never asked to come down on Labor Day weekend. Autumn and I were just talking about how much fun that trip was. I laughed hysterically over the comment