Friday, February 10, 2012

Not a Woman

 A beautiful model, right? Well maybe not so much once you learn that "she" is actually a "he", known as gender bending model Andrej Pejic. Yep, that's right. This is a picture of a man.

Bosnian born Pejic says he isn't trying to be a girl, but he seems to be doing very well for himself posing as one. He has appeared in various fashion shows and magazines as both a man and a woman. His trans-gender posing has made him the hottest thing in New York's circle of cutting edge fashion.

I'm sorry, I really am, but I find this all just a bit unsettling. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Pejic has been able to embrace his more feminine features and be comfortable with who he is, not feeling the need to fit the profile of a typical man. However, I am bothered that although he isn't trying to be a woman, he has no problem posing as one. Something about a man sprawled out in a swim suit while wearing heels just makes me cringe. Call me old fashioned or closed minded, but that is just how I feel. And the fact that he is so popular among the fashion world just creeps me out. What, regular looking male and female models aren't good enough? We're bored of them now so we have to find models who can play either gender. Seriously? Isn't that just on more step towards confusion and choas?

The excitement over Pejic just makes me sick. What is wrong with society?  There has to be a line. There just has to be.

No comments: