Saturday, February 25, 2012

So . . .

I never thought I'd be saying the words, "Don't use your toothbrush on the cat!". But Jimmy was so excited about the new toothbrush he got from school (a dentist visited) that he had to make sure Penelope had clean teeth. Good thing she is so patient. Jimmy swears he can still use said toothbrush, but I have other plans.

Is it me or do all kids have holes in their stomachs? Giant gaping holes that make them hungry right after they've had a huge snack and you finally get the chance to sit down for a moment.

The Academy Awards are exciting because it is fun to see who won what and, of course, Best Picture. But I do admit it is crazy to see how Hollywood turns into prom on steroids. Even more insane how "every day people" go gaga over the pomp, gowns, and drama. With everything else going on in the world, don't we have something better to focus on or some better place to put all that money?

Why is it hard to find modest clothes for my girls? Short skirts and shorts abound! Leggings are cute, but just because you are wearing them with a short skirt doesn't make you modest! And I am not a fan of leggings with skirts at church. Call me old fashioned, but that's just me. Sunday is a special day.

I just finished reading "Ivanhoe". It was a really good read. Wit, romance, action, suspense, drama, and more. It's a classic that is actually worthy of the title. I love when that happens!

Marshall was in the paper last week for the work he has done getting the mental health court started and running this past year. It is a good program and I am proud of him for all his hard work.

I should not be allowed to buy more kitty food or litter on my own because when I do I want to buy my kitties new toys and stuff. I love my cats. They have added so much to our house! Yeah, I am an animal loving spazz.

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

I totally agree with the leggings thing too! A mom at church yesterday wore them and a "dress" that barely covered her. It was a little appaling.