Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rachel's Baptism

I vividly remember over 8 years ago when I went into labor. It was my first and only labor that happened naturally. I seriously thought I was constipated until I realized I was having contractions. It was a stormy night when a tornado passed through neighboring Illinois. And Rachel was born. We often joke that Rachel brought the whirlwind with her arrival because she is such a strong spirited girl who has no problem letting her will be known. And yet she has a big heart and a very tender, loving nature. She is Rachel.

Somehow here it is 8 years later and my sweet girl has entered into the water of baptism to become the newest member of our ward. I am so proud of her choice to and excitement about being baptized. Yesterday was a wonderful day that we had the chance to share with friends and family, including Marshall's parents who just got home from their mission to Portugal. And when I say "just", I do mean just that. They were supposed to arrive home Friday night, but got stuck in Salt Lake due to a delayed flight. They arrived in St. George Saturday morning, all the while with us anxiously awaiting at the church all ready to go forward as soon as they flew into town. They headed right over from the airport and the baptism went under way.

Again, today, we all joined together in church as Rachel received the wonderful gift of the Holy Ghost. I am so excited for her. I know she is on the path that WILL lead her back to our Father in Heaven. I know that with the precious gift of the Holy Ghost, as her constant companion, she will never be led astray. Her life will be greatly blessed because of the choice she made this weekend. She will be able to have joy and peace throughout her entire life as she strives to honor the covenants she has made and continues on this path. Congrats Rachel!

 My cute kids all ready for the big event!
 Marshall and Rachel
 Rachel and I
Granda and Granddad with a newly baptized Rachel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Rachel. What a special day. I am so glad that Marshall's parents were able to make it. (Sue, you look beautiful as always!)

annjeanette said...

I met her not long after that night of her birth! Hard to believe its been 8 years! So happy we could be there.

Bonnie said...

Congrats, Rachel! And Sue. :) Beautiful pictures of a cute family! And I'm so glad Grandma and Granddad were able to make it!