Monday, May 28, 2012

Midnight 5K


This past Friday I had the chance to do my most favorite race of the year, the Midnight 5K. It starts at 11pm and everyone has until midnight to finish it. Everyone has a lot of fun, wearing glow-in-the-dark necklaces, paint, and all sorts of crazy stuff. There are people of all ages and different physical conditions. It takes place on top of "Airport Hill", up and down the runway of the old airport. It is just a race for fun and I love it!
I was able to go with a bunch of ladies from my ward. I wasn't sure if I would be able to run the whole thing since I haven't made it up to 3 miles in my training. But I was determined to have fun and not hurt my knee. Well, I did run the full race and was only 4 minutes slower than last year. Not bad for only having been running once a week in the past month. (This whole recovering from injury is taking way too long than I ever thought it would. But I am glad I am not wearing a boot!) My sweet friend Jackie, who has a few marathons under her belt, ran with me the whole way. It was great! I am so happy to be able to run again!


3 comments:

annjeanette said...

Congrats! That is awesome! (And I am a little jealous - totally understand about the injury thing - they stink!)

Mandy said...

wow sue! I'm impressed that you are being patient with the recovery process. Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Sounds like you had a great time.