Sunday, June 3, 2012

For the Beauty

Today in Gospel Principles we had a lesson on the creation. The teacher, sweet Darci, brought a beautiful spirit into the room that caused many of us to reflect on God's creation. He really outdid Himself with our earth. The beauty of a flower in bloom, a water fall down a cliff, a majestic mountain towering above, an animal running free and uninhibited in the wild, the tiny little perfectly shaped toenails on a new born babe. All of it is amazing and all so inspiring.
It was a great reminder to me of the beauty of this earth and how our Father in Heaven made it for our enjoyment. And I do find great joy in it. So many times a smile has been brought to my face because of the wonderful world around me.  Here are just a few of the things I love, in no partucular order. How blessed we are to have the earth.


Animals- I love animals. Always have and always will. I love to see the cute things they do, how they interact with each other, and their young are so adorable. I love my cats and the life they add to our home. 
Nature- when I first saw Southern Utah, I thought it was very rocky and ugly. Where was all the green? But over the years I have come to appreciate the beauty here. I love the many colorful and intricate rock formations done by Mother Nature. I love the rivers and streams and even the colorful cacti that surround us. It is a gorgeous place to lice with the red dirt and orange rock.

Mountains- I felt so trapped all those years ago when I moved to Provo because I was surrounded by mountains. Now I feel odd if I don't have my mountains around me. I love the mountains here. the colorful ones down south and the snow capped, tree covered ones in the north. They are an awe-inspiring sight.
My children- Each one perfectly formed, arriving with all their fingers and toes, little lips and eyes, working lungs and heart, with that smooth baby skin. They are healthy, beautiful, and unique among themselves. They are the one creation that truly take my breath away and humble me beyond words.


No comments: