Sunday, September 9, 2012

Following a prompting

Today after Relief Society I had a very sweet older sister come up to me, take my hand, look me in the eyes, and say, "I don't know why I feel this way, but I just have to tell you to stand fast and carry on. The Lord loves you and will help you." She then went on to tell me that all during church she kept getting the prompting that she needed to tell these words to me. She told me she was only the messenger and knew the Lord wanted me to know that He is aware of me.

Little did she know how much I needed to hear those words. She had no idea that Saturday night I laid in bed, talking to Marshall and crying over how tired I was of all the craziness going on in our life. How I didn't think I could do one more Sunday with him being bishop and that I just wanted to be done with it. How I wished he could be with us for just one Sunday. That we could just keep him to ourselves. That all we are doing with him teaching Institute and taking a class through the Church Education System was just too much, even though I knew it is what the Lord wants. I went to bed feeling discouraged and tired and woke up with the attitude that I would try to make the best of the day.

That message from that dear sister just cut through all my emotions and worry and let me know that my prayers are heard and the Lord is aware of my struggles. I needed to hear those words so much and thanked her for being in-tuned enough with the Spirit to share that message with me.

Often we hear how the Lord works through us to bless the lives of others. We have "angels" around us who are normal people that following the promptings of the Spirit to lift up another. I am so grateful to that dear sister and for the encouragement she shared with me. I hope that I can be so in-tuned with the Spirit that I can be a messenger of peace and hope to someone who may need it. I love this Gospel.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is such a sweet tender mercy. Thanks for sharing it! You are so strong. Hang in there! You will be just fine.

Stephanie Black said...

What a beautiful way for the Lord to send you a message you needed!

Anonymous said...

The Lord does put Angels in our path to help us along the way. Hang in there!

Much Love,

Robyne