Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just a few things that make me smile

-My husband. He is always happy and positive and it is so contagious. He is adorable. I love him so much and the little things he does, like sing songs or put away clean dishes.

- My children. Jacob bounding out of preschool, eager to tell me the newest thing he has learned. Or his very profound and humorous three year-old statements. Jimmy sharing his newest Mandarin words with me or sharing his big plans for some awesome boy adventure, like a complete remodeling of the swing set. Rachel and her sweet nature, cuddling the cats or giving me a hug when she knows I have had a long day. Anna writing me cards or looking out for her younger siblings.

- My cats. They have such individual personalities. Penelope, who is the youngest and smallest of them all and yet still is the toughest. She is Queen Bee and makes sure everyone knows it. Bella, who is scared of her own shadow, but very sweet and loving. And Riley, who "talks" to us all the time and always likes to cuddle.

- The Godhead. What would I do without the sweet tender mercies I daily receive? They remind me that I am not alone, I am loved, and the events of my life are known above.

I am truly blessed.


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Man, I didn't think I was THAT far behind on your posts.

So glad it's not bone and it's muscle/alignment issues. Yeah!!!!

Truly are a cat woman.

That's really cool about the lady in church, but I do wonder how you do it by yourself all the time. And I know you do it by yourself all the time. I've done two sundays in a row by myself the whole day and I felt like I was going to pop. And I only have two kids. Haven't done it with three or four, sleep deprived with a newborn for five years. Maybe that's why you like wonder woman so much. story of your life. go on and cry! and be strengthened.

Did you get to go to the broadcast tonight? i hope so. definitely awesome.