Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Goals

I have been slacking off on my blogging thanks to partying with in-laws who were visiting for the week and a nasty cold. Now it's back to reality. Everyone has headed for home, except for my silly cold germs. They've decided to stick around for a bit to keep me company. How thoughtful of them.

It's a new year and with that comes new goals. I am all about making resolutions, if you're serious about keeping them. Otherwise, what's the point? You have to try to be somw=ewhat realistic. I've been thinking about some goals I would like to accomplish this year and have listed a few. Have you thought about your resolutions? If not, maybe reading mine will get that old brain thinking. Or perhaps reading mine will be worth a good chuckle. We'll just have to see.

2010 Goals:

1. Cultivate more patience/ mercy. (This is just something that is added to my list every year. It's a lifelong process.)

2. Continue working on family history.

3. Keep up the exercise regiment. (With colds, sick kids, and visiting family, I have slacked off this month. Time to get it in gear!)

4. Apply as a writer for the paper. (I've been debating this some time and just have been too weenie to try it. I've had a few people tell me I should try being an opinion writer in the local paper. I think it would be fun. I just need to be brave and apply. You all know I have a lot to say about everything. Half my thoughts I never get around to writing down. Maybe this would help.)

5. Have more meaningful prayers.

6. Rule the world. (Oops, that wasn't supposed to be published! But hey, I am sure I can't do any worse than what we have going for us right now!)

7. Be more positive. (Do they sell instant positivity in bottled form? I wish they did. My husband is a happiness junkie and I need to get me some of that!)

Good luck making your goals for the year!

1 comment:

Stephanie Black said...

That's so cool that you want to apply to write for the paper! Go for it! You'd do an awesome job.

I have a bunch of New Year's resolutions this year, including working on Personal Progress with Shauna and getting my library books back on time.