Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

Tomorrow night is New Year's Eve! I must admit that it's a holiday that was more exciting when I was a kid and got to stay up until midnight. As an adult, it's not that thrilling, especially since I don't drink. Though the one time I did go to Times Square, pre-9/11, was pretty awesome. However, I am very excited to kiss the old year goodbye and welcome the new one with open arms.

This past year was both good and bad, though it seemed more filled with the latter. The whole job change and all that it entailed, various health issues, family drama (never a dull moment with my clan!), and so on. But, as with all things, I grew and learned a lot along the way. I am sure I wouldn't have improved in those ways had I not been forced to. And I am glad I did. Still, I will be happy as can be to kiss the old year goodbye.

Sure, it means another year I'll be turning older and my kids will be growing even faster, but it also means another year with my wonderful husband and adorable children. Who knows what adventures await? Good bye 2009 and bring it on 2010! May you all have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy New Year to you too!