Thursday, September 23, 2010

Menstruating Monsters of Madness

- Sometimes I wish I could shoot fire out of my mouth or laser beams from my eyes so my kids knew I was serious when I told them, "Go to bed" or "Stop fighting". That would get through to them.

- If I got as much sleep as Jacob did then perhaps I too could run around like a wild maniac, screeching with glee and destroying everything in my path. If only we could use his powers for good. At least he is a happy monster.

- We decorated for Halloween today. You all know how much I LOVE Halloween. Jimmy declared that our house looked like The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. I wish! I would go crazy all out if my hubby let me. I am sure I will come up with a few more outdoor decorations to make this year. I've got a jigsaw so watch out!

- Women who suffer from anxiety should not have husbands who go away, ever, on business trips. My hubby has been gone for the past two days and it has made for interesting sleep. Me and my pillow fortress of solitude. You know, because all those pillows will deter an axe murderer or something. Too much work to find me, right?

- Menstruating Monsters of Madness. I love it and feel like one. My hubby is probably glad he is gone for a few days! Why does one have to go insane every month when such things happen? Is it really necessary? I always think of the BYUish version of "Pride and Prejudice" when I have to buy a box of tampons. Best scene with the two sweat pant clad depressed girls stocking up on mondo buckets of ice cream and huge cases of maxi-pads. Don't all women just feel like that sometimes?

- I love my down comforter. I love to snuggle down under it. It makes getting up on cold mornings very hard.

- Home owning is exciting, paying for all things entailed in said ownership is not. But sometimes I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing than try to do it myself.

- According to Jimmy, I am old because I am 31. According to Anna I am not because I do not have wrinkles (bless her) or white hair. When that happens, then I will not be as pretty, she says. So much to look forward to with old age!

No comments: