Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Oldie, but Goodie



Totally random, but I love this book and movie. Seriosuly good stuff. I love the book. It's one of those books that sucks you in and somehow you worry the plot has changed and things won't work out. Action, suspense, and romance all during the French Revolution, one of those curious periods of history that seems almost surreal.

The movie, although dated, is true to the book and so much fun. Anthony Andrews does a fabulous job as the ever cocky and brainless Sir Percy Blakeney and also as th ever witty and sly Scarlett Pimpernel. Jane Seymour also plays her role as leading lady, Marguerite St. Just, with style. Every time I see that movie, I worry the Pimpernell with be caught and despair when Sir Percy shuns his wife. Such a good story!

I am not one who likes to read the same books over and over, but "The Scarlett Pimpernel" is one of those treaured few that I savor reading multiple times. If you've never read it, check it out. If it's an old favorite, read it again. You won't be let down!

No comments: