Thursday, September 30, 2010

I love this time of year

After watching the General Relief Society Broadcast last Saturday, I have some great thoughts for a few blogs. Real deep insightful stuff. The problem is I just haven't felt in the mood to write. Who wants to dedicate that much brain power when there are so many other things calling for your attention and you don't even know if anyone will read your literary masterpiece? Hence the laziness. One day I'll get focused and motivated. Ha!

So now to be lazy I will just write some random things, like how I am so glad it is officially Fall. Not that this actually means anything in reality since we are still having days over 100 degrees. Seriously? I am not happy here. I tolerate this type of weather in the summer because I have to, but when the calendar says "First day of Autumn", I expect this type of hot madness to end. And yet it hasn't. I am not pleased. October better behave itself and get cooled off. No more heat allowed!

I also love this time of year because it means General Conference time! I have so many fun memories of General Conference in Indiana. Trying to corral the kids while we listened at church to the sessions. Okay, that was not the fun part. What was fun was the potlucks we'd have as a ward in between sessions. I loved it! Why drive all the way home when you'd have to come back in an hour for the next session? It was a chance to socialize with everyone and talk about the sessions. Good times! Now I love being able to snuggle with the kids and watch conference in the comfort of our home. Not to mention our conference trip to "the breakfast store", a.k.a. Golden Corral, a fun tradition everyone looks forward to!

Plus we get to hear the Prophet and Apostles speak. There are always a few talks that are there just for me. I love to learn and be uplifted from these inspired men and women. I always end General Conference feeling happy and ready to take down any thing that comes my way because I am a Daughter of God. Bring it!

It is such a fun time of year! All the Fall and Halloween decorations and food. Pumpkin rolls, cookies, and bread. Apple pies. Yum!!!!! Now if the weather would just get it's act together, my Fall would be complete! Enjoy General Conference!

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

Yes, bring on the cooler weather! What the heck?! I am so confused. I don't mind the heat at all, but even I am getting a bit annoyed by it. And pumpkin. SO HAPPY to be able to have my house smell like pumpkin again. Yum! Looking forward to conference as well. I need the uplift.

Michelle said...

I could not agree more. I love your "golden corral" idea. It's so fun to make traditions. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone speak too.