Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not in my plans

Yeah, so I had big plans for this week. I was going to post pictures every day from our trip. I was going to start potty training Jacob. I was going to finish the ceiling patch job in the toy room. I was going to bike every day. I was going to work on my YW lesson. I was going to do a lot. But life had other plans.

Tuesday Jacob woke up sick with a fever. He spent the days in my arms miserable. Wednesday he threw up twice and laid on the couch and in my arms. Thursday found him much better, full of energy and happiness. But Thursday also found me feeling sicker than sick. I showered, put on sweats, and laid around the house all day while the boys played. That's about the extent of my week.

Not what I was hoping for, but I am still grateful for the little things. I'm grateful that I am at home to hold my kids and care for them when they are sick. To cuddle them and love them. I am so glad I don't have to leave them while I go to work. I am also grateful that I am at home so that when I am sick I can just lay around and somehow make it through the day. I can wear sweats and no make-up for my job when I am sick. I am also grateful for nice people, who do things like watch my kids so I can rest or bring my family dinner because I am too sick. It may not be what I wanted for my week, but the world won't end if my tasks are left undone for a few more days. Sometimes life has other plans and we just need to roll with the punches and do what we can. What matters most is that I could be there for my family. Let's hope next week is better!

2 comments:

annjeanette said...

Ooooh, now I am really glad I didn't leave the girls with you this week. BUT, I was hoping that you would avoid getting sick! I hope you are on the mend SOON!

And if I bring Emma up, will you potty train her with Jacob?! ;) ha ha There is NOTHING worse than potty training! I would pay someone else to do it! Seriously!

Get well soon.

Mandy said...

hmmmm.... no make up work??!! You mean no make up work that has a specific deadline. thanks for the disney pics on your post