Sunday, February 20, 2011

The rest of the week

Oh what a week! I think I need to go on vacation again just to make up for the past two weeks. This whole being sick thing is really getting old. Rachel got sick on Thursday and was home Thursday and Friday from school with a fever and cold. Poor kiddo. She was doing better, but then regressed today. Boogers. Jacob had it last week. I hope Anna and Jimmy are spared. But the good news is that Marshall seems to have finally kicked his infections. Sweet. Having bronchitis and a sinus infection was tough on him, mainly because he never has time to rest. He was still his happy self, but I am glad that he is actually getting better.

My blog about potty training was written during a happy time in the process. We quickly ran into disaster after that since Jacob was afraid to do his business on the potty and then refused to sit on it after that. Tears on both our parts, begging, and pleading ensued. Yet the boy with the iron bladder held out, making himself very uncomfortable. He refused to go in the potty due to fear, but wouldn't go in his diaper because he knew he wasn't supposed to. The one place he would go was in the bath tub. Nice. But after this weekend, and one much more patient father, Jacob will now sit on our toilet again. Yet it must be the one in our master bathroom. All other potties are scary for some reason. I wish I understood the reasoning, if there is any, of a toddler. Sometimes it feels like there is no life beyond potty training. But we are persevering and Marshall assures me life will not end despite all this drama. (Thank goodness for mellow husbands!)

The weather this weekend has been so blah, rain and snow even. I did have the chance to go on a bike ride when there was a break in the storms. Still, being stuck inside this weekend has not been fun, especially after two weeks of being indoors thanks to sick kids and potty training. I think I shall go insane.

There have been two good things in all this. One is the most amazing Marshall, who has kept me sane while nursing sick kids and potty training one stubborn little boy. He's made sure I've had chances to get out and has been there with hugs and encouragement. He's just pretty much awesome.

The second coolness is that "Phineas & Ferb" cartoons are now in Netflix Insta Play. This is a good thing since we do not have cable, but love "P&F". They are a great show for kids and adults. Now even though I have been stuck inside with sick kids at least there has been something amusing to entertain the kids and myself. Much better than being subjected to endless episodes of "Dora" in the background.

Let's hope this week we kick the sick germs out of our house and Jacob gets over his fear of the potty of doom. Here's wishing!

1 comment:

annjeanette said...

Good luck with everything! Motherhood is always an adventure!