Monday, August 22, 2011

I want potato salad... and so forth!

  • I REALLY REALLY want potato salad now that Marshall's family and extended family has been discussing the merits and flaws of the use of mayo in potato salad. I love my mom's potato salad and want some right now. Thanks a lot McConkies!
  • The first day of kindergarten went well for Jimmy. He was so excited, but when it was time to go into his class, he froze up, cried, and refused to budge. But he did go in. He told me he cried again when it was time to get on the bus because he wanted me. Poor guy. Jimmy did admit he liked it, despite it all.
  • Jacob was a bit crazy without Jimmy. I don't think he knew what to do with himself. He asked me a few times, "I go school, please?". So sweet. A few more years, bud.
  • I am really getting tired of my boot. I have written before that I am not a good patient. I hate being limited and not able to chase around my Destructo Jake. Plus I am always on my feet! Now I have to make an effort not to be, which is about as successful as trying to catch a sunbeam in an envelope.
  • And why is it while I am laid up, I want to eat, eat, eat?! Not good! See comment about potato salad.
  • Oh, and I am ready for the summer heat to end. Anytime now . . . Go ahead... Get cool.....NOW!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Holy crap!! I got a bit behind on my reading and read all that stuff happening to you at once. I'm really, really sorry!! And being laid up is what makes it extra frustrating because you can't do all the usual stuff you do for coping. I can't believe it was a stress fracture and I'm really glad that finally got figured out! I wish I could send you some of our natural air conditioning we have all year long to help you out.