Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ramblings

  • Ever since we got back from our vacation, Jacob has been having a hard time going to bed. For some reason bedtime has now become play-giggle-yell-at-Anna-time. Where does the boy get that energy? And naps have become somewhat of a joke now. Jacob will nap if I lay with him until he falls asleep, but then I am left feeling sleepy. I would love to take his naps for him, but I don't dare trust him out of my sight for a second. Kids don't know how good sleep is!
  • I had the chance to eat at the same Greek place twice today. How often does that happen? I was out shopping with a friend and she suggested lunch at this Greek place I have been wanting to try. I had a yummy veggie pita. Then later I was on a date with my hubby and friends wand they wanted to try the place, which was conveniently right next to the movie theater we had just walked out of. So this time around I got spinokopita and baklava. Heaven! I never get lunch AND dinner out in one day, but I will take it today! I forgot how much I love Greek food. I now have a new favorite place to eat!
  • "Captain America" was a lot of fun. I love brainless action movies that are just fun. And this was fun with some pretty awesome special effects.
  • For our anniversary, our children made us a surprise snack. They set the table with a red table cloth and our purple Halloween placemats, then poured pop in glass cups and set out popcorn, chips, vegetables, crackers, and fruit for our "fancy" snack. Anna made a "Happy Anniversary" sign on the wall out of cut-out construction paper letters, Rachel made us a cake out of Legos, and Jimmy cleaned up the toy room by himself. It was so precious. Can it be our anniversary every day? what sweet children!
  • I have been biking a lot as I await to have my knee fully heal. I love to bike. My good old bike has gotten my through so many miles. I try to do about 30 miles a week. I went to look at buying myself a road bike and decided that in order to afford one, I'd have to sell a child. So my old bike it will be!
  • I have also gotten into swimming laps. Talk about exercise! My legs and bum are sore from doing a bunch yesterday. Such an awesome work-out, but it makes me appreciate the incredible strength of the Olympic swimmers. Watching them zip through the water at top speed is amazing.
  • School starts in 1 week for the girls and 2 weeks for Jimmy. I am going to have 3 kids in school. What?!!!!!!! Jacob will be so lost without Jimmy.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That really is the cutest thing ever, what your kids did for your anniversary. I bet that was your favoritest part of the whole day, considering it was probably a huge surprise and you got to enjoy your kids.