Tuesday, August 2, 2011

11 years!

Thursday marks 11 years of wedded bliss. The thing I love about marriage is that it just keeps getting better. I thought I knew Marshall all those years ago when we kneeled across from each other at the altar, but I had only scratched the surface. I never knew how awesome he could be. A few things, out of many, that I love about him:


1. Singing. If I don't hear him singing at all during the time he is home each day, I know something is wrong. He is known to burst into song in the shower, at work, while playing, doing dishes, and pretty much any other time the mood hits. When he sings, I know he is happy and all is well.

2. Energizer Bunny. Marshall is very duty bound and will do everything that is expected of him, and more, regardless if he is tired or sick. I have seen him lay on the floor of his bishop's office one minute only to jump up and deliver an amazing sermon the next. Not only does he do all he is supposed to, but he does so with love and happiness. There have been many times when I have found out he has been sick and never knew because he just kept going forward.

3. Spirit. I knew he was a righteous man when I married him, but I never knew the extent. I love watching him prepare for a lesson, with lots of prayer and pondering. He relies so much on the Spirit and it comes out in his powerful, heartfelt sermons. He is always trying his best to keep the Spirit close and to rely upon it.

4. Humble. Not only does he rely on the Spirit, he gives all credit to it. He never boasts of himself or seeks out praise for any of his accomplishments. He just goes about his work quietly, not caring if anyone is aware of it.

5. Sense of humor. I love catching a laughing bug with him and having a good old laugh-till-you-cry session. He is so funny and enjoys funny things so much! I love how we can both be goofy and silly around each other.

6. Fun. Marshall is fun and loves to have fun. I have enjoyed so many fun things with him. He is such a pick-me-up to be around because he is FUN! He's always up for a late night popcorn party. He makes me laugh with the silly things he says. I love that we can tease each other and match wits.

7. Charming. Prince Charming has nothing on this guy! I am pretty sure all the old ladies in our ward love Marshall. He has an amazing charisma that people cannot resist. They just love him and the best part is he is 100% real with everyone he meets.

8. Caring. I knew he was sweet, but times have shown the depth of his caring. I couldn't imagine the days of him holding back my hair while I tossed my cookies in the toilet while being pregnant. The nights he would get up with a fussy child so that I could rest. The tears he would wipe away and encouragement he would constantly give me.

9. Father. I thought he'd be a good dad and he has exceeded all my expectations. He is a loving father who takes interest in each of our children's lives. He teaches them the Gospel and shows a great example of faith. And yet he can sing and dance silly with them at the same time. He is a great father!

10. Looks. I thought he was a babe when I married him, but time has only perfected those looks. I cannot help but look at him and think how adorable he is. He is the handsomest man to me. I will always be smitten by his dashing good looks.

What can I say? I am one lucky woman. May the next 11 years be as amazing as the first!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Awww, cuteness. Happy Anniversary!

Mandy said...

Hi Sushi

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Man, we're old! I anticipate that you are not reading your blog tonight because you have a hot date. By the way, I saw a pic of you on the roller coaster with you kids and you look amazing!! Back to running like a maniac?