Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another good marriage book

You all know my love of reading books about marriage and how to improve that important relationship, thanks mainly to Marshall's sister who keeps passing along good books. "His Needs, Her Needs" by Willard F. Harley was a golden book. I learned more about myself and my needs and also about my husband. I love it when I read a book and learn more about how to be a better wife.

I love the simple way Harley explains thing. He doesn't talk down to his readers, but he speaks in a way that can be easily understood and makes sense. There were a few times while reading the book that I felt kind of an "aha!" moment, where there should have been a light bulb glowing above my head. "Now I get it! Now I understand why certain things are so important to me and totally different things mean so much to my husband." It was a great eye opener.

I recommend this book to anyone wanting a good read on how to improve their marriage. All of us could use a refresher. After all, if it's going to be eternal, why not make it as amazing a relationship as possible?!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'll add it to my reading cue! Loved Unbroken. Thanks for the recommendation