Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Just so you know, I am here

I haven't written in ages and that has everything to do with the holidays, lack of motivation to write, and the force of Jacob. And I am going to cop out and do a lame list blog so you all can suffer further, or, if not a fan, take delight in my continued laziness.

-Christmas was a blast. It was nice to have a few days with the children totally engaged by their new toys. Such peaceful bliss!

- Jacob is now 3. What really geeks me out is that his feet have grown two sizes in the past month. When and from whom did he get permission to grow? Too fast!

-Easy Bake Ovens are a rip off. Anna got one for Christmas, which is cool. But the mix packets are a few dollars a pack and only make a tiny portion of treats. Seriously, if I am going to make cookies, I want more than three. But Anna is happy to bake and do it ALL by herself. Me too.

- We truly are cat lovers. We went away to Phoenix for a week and we all missed Penelope. I showed some pictures of her to our Phoenix cousins and found our kids actually petting the computer screen. Of course, I am equally guilty, missing my little kitty to hold and snuggle.

- Our trip to Phoenix rocked. We had Marshall home for over a week, were completely lazy, and ate lots of yummy food. Not to mention picking fresh citrus and going to see two new movies without having to pay a babysitter. A lifestyle I could totally get used to!

-Marshall's sister got us interested in the new "Dr. Who" series. Totally a campy show, but fun.

-Jacob is currently carrying around a stick taller than me. How fast until someone gets hurt?

-Jacob keeps telling me that I am "small" and Daddy is "big". Not quite sure what he means, but I'll take a compliment any way I can get it!

-My dad was in the ER this past week due to fluctuating blood pressure. Not cool. Doctors got it under control, but still are doing test to figure out why this keeps happening to him. Doesn't my dad know he is not allowed to have health problems of any sort? I strictly forbid him to age any more. He is Superman and, therefore, must remain healthy.

- I got an amazing amount of dark chocolate in my stocking this year. Marshall knows me so well.

- Marshall and I are really wishing we were going to Disneyland this winter. It's bad to have that kind of tradition because if you can't do it one year, you get totally bummed. But what a tradition to have!

-Part of the reason why I am not writing much is because I am reading another fascinating book on marriage. Love learning more about the human pysche and why and how my husband and I differ. Then I can learn how to make things even better in our awesome marriage.

- I am totally addicted to the word "awesome-sauce". Thanks Parks & Rec!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun holiday. I agree with the easy bake ovens. I can't stand when Hailey wants to pull her's out of the box and use it. However, I did google recipes for easy bake ovens and printed some off. She has made some of them and they've turned out okay. Good luck!