Thursday, January 5, 2012

No Jagger Here

I know I am beyond being hip. I drive a mini-van, have four kids, and prefer to weat comfortable shoes while chasing my kids at the playground instead of stilettos. I can't name the popular artists of now, but, for the most part, I don't think I am missing out on much. I do catch some songs here and there and can still have a good chuckle over their senseless lyrics. 
 Kesha's song "Tic Toc" says ,"Now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger, but we kick ‘em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger". Everytime I hear it I want to laugh. Talk about lyrics that don't make sense. I know swagger is a hard word to rhyme, but does she really want someone that looks like Mick Jagger? Has she seen what he looks like? Was she sober when she wrote the song? (most likely not) Let's check out a recent photo of him.

When I see this picture, all I can think of is Gru, from "Despicable Me", saying to Dr. Nefario, "Why are you so . . . old?" Seriously, scary crypt creeper old. Nothing attractive there. I am sorry, but he is really old and kind of goofy looking. I do not want a guy that looks like Jagger.
In his younger days, Mick Jagger was a bit easier on the eyes. He didn't have all the scary traces of a rock star life all over his face. But he still looks funny to me.
I admit, he is a legend and wrote some pretty awesome music, but that doesn't make him any more prettier than he is. So I am unhip and will continue to want my good old fashioned normal looking hubby. I will chuckle every time I hear "Tic Toc" and think of how completely unhot Mick Jagger is. Of course, I laughed out loud in the previews of "Breaking Dawn" when Edward and Bella were having their first romantic interlude, so I guess I am already hopeless.



1 comment:

Mandy said...

Ummmm The carpet on the stairs looks totally awesome!!! And it is a way better color and looks much sturdier, not so soft and cushy. Bad for the stairs. I must say, I really love our wood stairs because I hate carpet on stairs so much.

I'm glad you had fun in Phoenix. I picked oranges while in Cali and it was awesome to be able to do something like that.

What is the name of your marriage book? Or do I have to wait for blog on it?

Sorry you can't go to disneyland this winter. You could come visit me:) Because it's so much closer and warmer:)