Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hot Topics in our home:

First, the song "Another One Bites the Dust" is going through my mind as I write this. So many friends and family have started to blog and it never really interested me . . . until I tried it. Now I find it so fun and shoo Marshall off of the computer so I can play with my blog. Yes, I have bit the dust, I have become an addict.

So let's talk about hot topics in our home.

  1. Fireworks: They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Not so much in our home when it hits July. Marshall loves fireworks and Jimmy is following in his footsteps. When we bought fireworks for the 4th, Jimmy worshipped the package every morning after his breakfast. The children were all shocked and appalled that July 24th came and we didn't buy fireworks beforehand. But rest assured, we bought them today, the 24th. Now they are counting down the hours until we can do them tonight. I don't know what Jimmy is going to do once today is over and we have to wait a long time to do fireworks again.
  2. Who will be the next Food Network Star?: Yes, we love the Food Network and are addicted to this show. I don't know why I enjoy watching it because it is so stressful to see these people have to whip up meals under such amazing pressure. Perhaps I am just jealous of their talent. Who knows? All I know is that it is fun to watch. And I am so glad Nipa is gone and hope Lisa will follow too. We are also big fans of "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". That guy has the best job because he gets to visit and sample food from places all over the US. Yes, as if we didn't like food enough, now we watch tv about it. I suppose one could have worse addictions.
  3. Superheros: We are big fans of the "Superfriends" in our home. Rachel is determined to be Green Lantern for Halloween. This concerns Anna since Green Lantern is a boy, but Rachel, always the rebel, could care less. Jimmy, of course, is planning to be Superman. As if there was any doubt. See, our kids are spazzes like their parents because it's July and they are already planning for Halloween. Anna is going to be Supergirl, but she is upset that her hero isn't a little bit more modest. Those princesses and super hero women need to be given a "For Strength of Youth Pamphlet" and have a talk with Anna. She is the modesty police.
  4. Which brings us to our next topic, Salvation: Anna is very concerned about people. When she sees someone doing something wrong, she is always asking "Mom, are they going to go to the moon or stars kingdom?" She wants everyone to live with Heavenly Father again and doesn't want anyone to do anything bad. She's the missionary.
  5. The baby: Will the baby be a girl or boy or even twins? Rachel is sure the baby will be a girl. She and Anna also think it would be cool if we had twins, a girl and boy baby so they each could have one to care for. Jimmy is confused by the whole idea and doesn't really understand how there can be a baby in my belly. He has no idea that he is going to be dethroned soon. Poor chap. I don't know how reliable the girls are when it comes to babies. They told me today that it would be cool if Heavenly Father sent us 100 babies. I'm thinking that's not such a grand idea. We find out the gender on the 31st, so weigh in your opinions!
  6. Stupid People: Marshall is the expert on this. Not because he is a stupid person, just because he deals with lots of them, especially in traffic court. "I was just following traffic". Hmmm. But he does get a good laugh out of them. And as bishop he also gets to deal with teenagers. I shudder to think about our children as teenagers. However, he does enjoy working with the youth. I've heard he's quite the expert at "Big Bootie" thanks to his trip to Girls Camp this summer. Anyhow, for stupid people stories, ask Marshall. He's got some doosies.
  7. Heat: I am beginning to wonder if St. George is good for anything in the summer besides growing weeds and cockroaches. Our battle with the backyard continues. It does look a lot better than last year. Curses on our previous owners for having a big dog! See, dogs are evil. We do have grass now and I think it might outnumber the clover. And cockroaches. Why do they exist? They are nasty and I hate them. Jimmy does enjoy finding dead ones outside and smashing ones that are dying. I just don't see the fun in them. My world is going to be cockroach free. Shudder.
  8. School: Only three weeks until school begins. Anna is so very excited to be in first grade and eat lunch at school. I'm sure I'll be the one having a hard time and she will be doing just fine. Anna has also been giving Rachel the low-down on preschool since Rachel will start in September. Anna, apparently, is the preschool expert.

Those are the hot topics in out home as of late. We have a lot to talk about and a lot of people talking. Sometimes it's hard to get a word in with all the kids talking and telling us things. We don't believe in children being seen and not heard. Well, at least our kids don't believe in it!

3 comments:

annjeanette said...

I am so excited that you started this! I finally bit the dust as well. It is fun and such a great way to keep in touch. Can't wait to find out what you are having.

Lempskies said...

Glad to see that you have given in to peer pressure too. What fun! Love the pictures and the news on the family. We will definately have to follow up with Marshall on his "Stories of Stupid People".

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought that you would give in to the pressure. So glad you did. I love the Anna modesty police. Kind of sounds like what Hailey would say. We are glad you are doing well. Keep posting and we'll keep reading.
Love,
Robyne