Thursday, August 26, 2010

Terrible Texting Teens


Could the above "Zits" comic be more true to life? I thought I had seen everything until last night when I was at a stake Zumba activity. About 1/4 through the session a teenage girl and her friend joined in. No biggie. There were a bunch of girls there so the more the merrier. But this one girl proceeded to text throughout the work-out. I found it amazing and really annoying that she could do this. She'd get a text and respond back with one hand while trying to follow the instructor. It was really obnoxious because she was up front and very distracting to the rest of us who were exercising. I really wanted to take her phone. Or at least tell her to put the phone down or leave to text somewhere else since she was right in the middle of the activity. Seriously, get a clue! You don't go to an activity and then text the whole time. It's rude to the instructor who took time out of her day to come lead Zumba and it's rude to everyone else there. I know most teenagers have no sense when it comes to when and where to text, but this is a new one for me!

No comments: