Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To be a teenager again


Today's "Zits" made me laugh because it is so true. I'm only 32 and I've already noticed things affect me differently than they used to when I was younger. I remember getting together with my friends, sharing a pizza sized chocolate chip cookie, chips, pop, candy, and whatever else we could think of. And did our bodies protest at all? No! Never! I did not bother with multiple vitamins or low carb, low sugar, and low fat food. Now the only kind of pop I can drink is diet as regular is too sugary. If I eat any delectable dessert too rich in dairy, my stomach complains. And I can throw back maybe 1/8 of the food I once was able to, but I wouldn't dream of it because of the danger it may do to my waistline. My iron stomach and speedy metabolism are about the only thing I miss from being a teenager. That and sleeping in peace without small children interrupting my dreams.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yeah. I think I miss the sleep the most, but maybe I miss my waistline, too. It's a toss up.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED YOUR B-DAY!!!!! Happy B-day, Sue. Really late. I'm glad your kids love you lots and lots.

Exactly how many months is Jacob? I need to know how many months I have left of naptime. I agree. Bedtime on time is waaaayyy more important than nap and non-grumpy child all day.