Friday, June 10, 2011

Cherry Picking

I love cherries, but rarely buy them because they are so ridiculously expensive. You cannot imagine how excited I was when a friend passed along to me that a farm down here offers cherries for $1/lb if you pick them. With my mom in town and the need to have some adventures, I decided to load up the kids and go pick cherries.

We had a few protesters, mainly Anna as she hates fruit and was determined she would not be picking any. But we drove all the way out past the Sand Hollow Reservoir to the farm. And what a gorgeous drive it was! Once the kids saw the cherry orchard with buckets and tall ladders awaiting, they got into the spirit and had a blast picking cherries. Everyone did a good job of waiting their turn to pick cherries and got so excited each time they would get a handful off the tree. There were tons of cherries and cherry trees. We ended up getting 10lbs. The kids were very proud of their success. And they had the chance to create a fun memory with me and my mom. Plus now I have tons of fresh cherries to eat, freeze, and enjoy. Mmmmmm. What's not to love?




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Looks fun! And for $1/lb. how can you go wrong?