Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


I remember taking naps with my dad when I was a kid. He'd stretch out on the floor after a hard day of work and I could climb on top of his chest, lay down, and fall asleep. It was one of my most favorite places to nap. I was only 4 or 5 at the time, but I remember feeling safe, warm, and loved. My dad has always made me feel that way. He is stronger than Superman. He can build and fix anything, scare away wild animals and bugs, and melt away all worry with a simple hug. I love my dad and am so glad I get to be his daughter. He is one hard working, sweet, strong, caring, good man.

My mother-in-law says as long as we are improving on the generation before us, then we are doing our jobs. I think the father who is in my life now is just as amazing as the one who raised me. If possible, Marshall is even an improvement on my father because of the Gospel light and love he brings into our home. Our children see a father who is committed to the Lord and is always willing to sacrifice for and serve Him. He is constantly teaching by his example and love. And just like my father, he is one hard working dedicated man who loves his family. My kids know their dad will always be there for them to talk, play, and giggle with. One minute he will be doing a silly dance with them to their favorite song and the next Marshall will be sharing his favorite opera or classic movie with them. He encourages them in all they do and challenges them to be better every day.

I couldn't have asked for more amazing men in my life. I am so proud of them both and love them dearly! Happy Father's Day!

No comments: