Saturday, August 4, 2012

My promise from years past

I remember when I came back to the LDS Church, really truly was converted, and decided that I wanted a life with the Gospel in it. I was willing to do whatever was needed to make that possible and took some big lonely steps to do it. I knew I couldn't change my past and my childhood. I couldn't take away the heartache and pain in my life, but I could make a better world for my own children who would come one day. And I knew that a big key to having that happen would be the integrity of the man I married. Over months of praying, fasting, and changing, I made a promise, a deal, with the Lord that if He would find me a righteous husband who had a solid foundation in the Gospel and would never waiver, I would spend the rest of my life serving the Lord. What mattered most was having a husband who was as committed to the Gospel as I was and would sacrifice everything, as I was willing to do and did, to live it.

Well, the Lord took my promise to heart and brought an amazing valiant young man into my life. Someone I would never have imagined being blessed enough to have. Someone who took me to the temple twelve years ago today and made me his wife for time and all eternity. Has the Lord required much service and sacrifice on my behalf since then? You better believe it! There have been times where I have been so emotionally and physically exhausted. Times when my husband would leave for church meetings while I was lying in bed with pregnancy sickness with three little kids running around. Times when I didn't think I could give anymore. But somehow, through the Lord, I have always made it. That is the cool thing about the Lord. Not only did He bless me with a good husband, but also He has helped me keep that promise I made to Him years ago.

Has the sacrifice been worth it? You better believe that too! I wouldn't change it for anything. Bring on a lifetime of service and work for the Lord if that means having the privilege of eternity to be with my husband. I couldn't have asked for a better man to be married to. The Lord took my promise seriosuly and blessed me with an amazing righteous strong husband. I am constantly amazed at his goodness, example, willingness to serve, and passion for the Gospel. He is a good good man, an incredible father, and tender sweet husband. I often look at him and wonder how on earth I got so lucky to have him in my life.

The past twelve years have been wonderful. I cannot imgaine a life without Marshall. I love being at his side, together serving the Lord and being blessed as we move throughout the years. What better joy in marriage can there be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You are married to an amazing man and he is married to an amazing woman. I am so proud of you and your willingness to leave the past and hardships behind and to move forward. Not an easy task to do. I know that the Lord loves you and is pleased with you! Much love to you both!

annjeanette said...

You are both wonderful! Love you both! Happy Anniversary. We hit 13 tomorrow.

Mandy said...

yeah I was wondering how you did bishop wife with being prego